Many people around the world play video games, including adults and even elderly. If you’re an experienced video game player and you’re asked to write an essay on a topic of your choosing, consider writing about video games. If you’re excited about your topic, it’ll be easier for you to compose your paper and more interesting for other people to read it.
Describe the first games and write about how they evolved into a super-popular industry that we see nowadays.
Write about the process of creating a video game and different specialists, like computer programmers, 3-D animators, artists, etc. who take part in it.
There are plenty of games that include scenes of violence. Do these games have a negative effect on people who play them?
Does a gender of a character play a big role in a video game? How characters of different genders are depicted in modern games?
There are many people who think that if you play a lot of video games, you’ll become antisocial. Is it true?
Are there video games that can help a person develop some real life skills while playing these games?
Can some video games be considered art? What makes a video game to be worthy of this title?
Some modern video games look just like interactive movies. Is there a big difference between these two types of production?
What games are better in your opinion? Support your words with strong arguments and illustrative examples.
Why some people create characters that greatly resemble their features and others create characters that have nothing in common with them?
Remember that you should come up with strong arguments and find evidence to support them before you start writing. It’s also advisable to make an outline and follow it during the writing process so that your paper has a solid structure.
Use a hook in the introduction to attract the reader’s attention. Start body paragraphs with clear topic sentences and create smooth transitions to the next paragraphs. Conclude your paper with a memorable sentence that will leave a lasting impression on your readers.
Any essay that you write should be well-written, accurate, and interesting to your audience. That begins with finding a great topic for your essay. Check out our list of the best essay topic ideas. You should be able to write a great essay about gaming with one of these topics. If you struggle with it, you can always buy essay about video games.
Topics on Social Issues
The topic of video games comes up quite frequently when various social topics are being discussed. If you are taking classes such as sociology, public health, political science, or journalism, your essay might focus on the many social issues relating to video games. Writing essays on violence in games is always an option, but there are others as well. Here are a few topic ideas:
Persuasive Essays Related to Social Issues
- Do Violent Games Cause Behavior Problems?
- Convince readers, in an essay about violence in games, that the average person will not be affected in a negative way.
- Should video game ratings systems be more stringent?
- Are parents ultimately responsible for what their kids play?
- As a society, do we unfairly blame video games when we should be focusing on personal responsibility?
Narrative Essays on Video Games And Their Impact on Society
- Write about a video game that you played as a child that was too violent for you
- Have you ever been addicted to online gaming? What was that like.
- Talk about an incident of harassment that you witnessed when playing online video games.
- Write essays on violence in gaming and the impact of that in early dating relationships
Expository Essays on The Social Impact of Video Gaming
- Write a short essay on the impact of video gaming on health and wellness
- Compose a research paper that addresses the effects of allowing young children to do violent video games
- Write a case study about a young adult who has never been exposed to video games vs. one who has been
General Essay Ideas That Relate to Social Issues
- What should be done about sexism in gaming?
- How can the gaming industry become more inclusive as a whole?
- Why is sex and violence such a common theme in video games?
- Does early exposure to video games impact the ability of children to self-regulate?
- What are the biggest social problems related to gaming?
Video Game Essay Topics New Technology
If you are an avid gamer, you probably keep up with the latest technologies, reading specialized magazines, and eagerly await the latest and greatest releases. You may have even been part of beta testing new things or involved in open source gaming projects. Most importantly, you likely have lots of knowledge and opinions on gaming technology. Check out these essay ideas:
Persuasive Essays on Gaming Technology
- Will virtual reality impact video game technology or is it simply a fad?
- Which release is causing the most buzz?
- Streaming will replace consoles, yes or no?
Expository Essay Ideas on Gaming Technology
- Pick an up and coming technology and explain how it works
- Explain the history and development behind an upcoming technological advancement in video tech
- Discuss the trend of gamers as designers
Other Video Technology Essay Ideas
- Write a compare contrast essay on virtual reality in gaming vs. augmented reality
- Write a review of a new gaming system that you have recently tried out.
Topics About Educational Games
Persuasive Essays on Video Games in Education
- Should children spend more time focusing on lectures and hands on work than gaming?
- Argue which educational video game parents of toddlers should choose
- Video games have no place in education. Argue a side
- Is gaming a possible solution when dealing with disengaged students?
Expository Essay Ideas For Gaming in Education
- Explain how gaming is used in special education
- Describe the features that make a game educational vs. entertainment
- Research and explain the process educators use to integrate gaming into the classroom
Other Educational Essay Ideas
- Review the most popular educational games that have been released this year
- Write a paper about the differences between educational games today vs. 10 or 20 years ago
- Write a case study about a school that incorporated gaming into their classrooms
Essay Topics For Passionate Gamers
If you don’t find anything that interests you above, don’t fret. You can still improve your writing skills while expressing your passions for gaming. If you have an interest in gaming, you have many options when it comes to writing essays. This is especially true when it comes to classes where you have a bit more flexibility in your writing assignments. Check out these topic ideas:
- Write a descriptive essay about the first gaming experience you have had
- What are your predictions about the future of console gaming
- What is the funniest thing that happened to you in an online gaming experience
- What 10 worst things that impact the world of video gaming be opinionated!
- Compare and contrast the first release of a video game with the most current
- If you could invent a video game, what would it look like
- Write a review of the most popular game available today
Remember that you must balance your passion for the topic of gaming with good writing skills and factual knowledge. However, there is always an option of buy essay from a different online source or a writer. You will still have to research, cite your sources, and do the other work that goes into writing a good paper. As always, if you need help with a gaming essay remember that we are available to help as we are top essay writing service. Happy gaming!
Posted by: Natalie
The blogger and writing expert for GetGoodGrades.com
Read more about Natalie →Read Natalie's posts →